The Developer will be creating some of the world’s must cutting-edge software products for the healthcare industry. The individual will be working in a constantly evolving environment, due to technological advances and the strategic direction of the organisation.
The Developer will work with the project team, stakeholders and develop solutions or products that contribute to the strategy of the organisation.
The developer is required to stay current in the fast and ever-changing world of innovation and technology such as state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations and contributing to the project.
Responsibilities and Duties
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and implement backend and frontend components and services
- Come up with solutions which account for scalability and optimize performance
- Develop very high quality production ready code in an agile environment
- Work closely with the product team to build new features and infrastructure requirements
Qualifications and Skills
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Computer science / information technology degree – preference will be given to candidates with Honours and Masters
- 5 years’ experience creating / sustaining commercial open source systems and experience in working with the following:
- Python / PHP / Java
- PostgreSQL and MySQL
- Spring boot REST API / or similar Micro services environment
- Google cloud experience
- Source Control Management Tools (GitHub)
- Deployment Tools (Jenkins)
- Health care industry experience a plus
- Must be able to operate effectively in a fast-paced, high-intensity, continuously changing work environment
· Innovation encouraged as core value.
- Mathematical aptitude
- Problem-solving skills
- A competitive salary and benefits will be negotiated, consistent with experience and the role and responsibilities of the position