Our client in the contact centre space is currently seeking a DATA ENGINEER that will work on the collecting, storing, processing, and analyzing of large datasets. The primary focus will be on choosing optimal solutions to use for these purposes, then maintaining, implementing, and monitoring them. You will also be responsible for integrating them with the architecture used across the company.
Key Performance Areas:
- Data reporting.
- Implementing ETL processes.
- Defining data retention policies.
- Management of Customer Lead data.
- Provision of data for advanced analytics.
- Maintenance of internal client scorecards.
- Assist team in resolving data-related support queries.
- Optimize existing data processes through automation.
- Assist with all data-related reporting and documentation.
- Maintenance and optimisation of the Analytics database.
- Provide technical support to and supervision of junior data administrators.
- Continuous upskilling on new technologies, frameworks and market trends.
- Monitoring performance and advising any necessary infrastructure changes.
- Identifying, selecting and integrating any Big Data tools and frameworks required to provide real-time analytics.
IT related Degree or Diploma is a pre-requisite
- ETL tools: Advanced SSIS
- BI/Reporting : Qlikview/Power BI/ SSRS or SSAS
- Programming languages: JAVA, C# , Python, SAS or R
- Experience with NoSQL databases and/or campaign management tools will be advantageous.
- Minimum 3 years’ applicable work experience in SQL, relational databases and data manipulation.
- Experience in big data platforms (eg. Hadoop) or processing frameworks (eg. MapReduce/Spark) and querying tools (eg. Pig, Hive and Impala) will be highly beneficial.
- Organizational skills
- Experience in Attentional to detail.
- Accountability is critical for this role.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Solid understanding of database design principles.