Objective of the Business Systems Analyst
To work as part of a dynamic team to design innovative solutions to solve global problems of affordable access to healthcare.
The business systems analyst will be responsible for the overall design of assigned projects and will be responsible for capturing and translating customer needs into requirements, documenting these in the form of Agile stories, prioritizing stories based on business value working with IT project teams to oversee the development of these solutions, writing acceptance criteria, reviewing the work of the QA team, and overseeing user acceptance testing.
Responsibilities and Duties
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate in an agile engineering environment through participation in stand-up meetings, sprint estimation meetings, sprint planning meetings, retrospectives and other agile ceremonies, and analysis tasks.
- Independently write requirements in the form of Agile stories that:
- Directly support primary objectives of the project
- Are appropriate in size for development during a two week iteration
- Include clear and specific acceptance criteria
- Take into account dependencies on other stories and/or projects & initiatives
- Work with project team to develop and prioritize project backlogs, negotiating appropriate trade-offs between delivering business value and technical considerations.
- Maintain prioritized backlog in Jira; champion, develop and communicate release plans to business partners and/or provide materials for product managers to do so.
- Work with the Change Management Team to develop change management deliverables, including plans to communicate new functionality to business units.
- Develop user documentation, training, and publish knowledge base articles in Confluence to ensure that user adoption is sustained over the long term use of the tool.
- Ensure project documentation is maintained in Confluence.
- Communicate detailed acceptance criteria to technical team. Review work of QA team with end users; manage user acceptance process.
- Work closely with business partners to ensure development activities are in alignment with business objectives.
- Proactively recommend business process and performance improvements based on new features/functions delivered in new versions of custom developed and third-party software.
- Responsible for adoption of solutions by business partners, including knowledge transfer and training.
Qualifications and Skills
Qualifications & Skill Requirements:
- 5 years IT business, product management, or systems analysis experience.
- 4-year degree relating to computer science / information technology.
- Experience working in an Agile framework preferred
- Strong functional knowledge of open source development stack, google cloud and micro-services is preferred.
- Excellent organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills with an attention to details
- Ability to identify cause/effect relationships and address root causes of problems wherever they exist.
- Ability to develop and deliver clear and impactful communications (both oral and written).
- Ability to use critical thinking, rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- Learns quickly when facing new problems, enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks, and is willing to experiment to find solutions.
- Ability to negotiate in tough situations with both internal and external groups, and can win concessions without damaging relationships.
- Must be able to operate effectively in a fast-paced, high-intensity, continuously changing work environment
- Innovation is encouraged as a core value.
- Ability to learn quickly and think creatively·
- Creative conflict resolution
- Creative problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Proficiency with the following programmes is required:
- MS Word
- MS Excel
- MS PowerPoint
- MS Outlook / email
- MS Projects
- Atlassian JIRA issue tracking system
- Atlassian Confluence system
- Enterprise Architecture Tools
- A competitive salary and benefits will be negotiated, consistent with experience and the role and responsibilities of the position